Tex-Mex Pork Stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound boneless pork shoulder or pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large can hominy, drained well
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add pork and brown
on all sides.
- Add onions and garlic and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until lightly browned.
- Place cooked pork, onions, and garlic along with remaining ingredients
in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, skim off and discard any floating chile skin.
- Pour stew into individual bowls, removing any more chile skin.
- May be served with toppings of chopped lettuce, tomato and cilantro, or
Yield: 4 servings
Approximate values per serving: 365 calories, 18 g fat, 45 mg
cholesterol, 20 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 1,394
mg sodium, 44 percent calories from fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Soup Recipes