White Chicken Chili
- 6 skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoe peg corn or regular whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Remove excess fat from chicken. Mix onion, garlic, broth, cumin,
oregano, salt and Tabasco sauce in a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken
- Remove chicken. Use 2 forks to remove bones and shred chicken into
- Discard bones; return chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, corn, lime juice and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 15 to 20
minutes or until beans and corn are hot.
Yield: 8 servings