Zuni Crockpot Stew
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) pork butt, trimmed of all fat
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup fresh green chile, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place onion, pork and water in slow cooker on LOW in the morning.
- When almost ready to serve (about 8 hours later), break up meat
and remove bones and fat.
- Add drained garbanzos and chiles.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH and heat through.
- Thicken stew with 1 tablespoon flour mixed with water if desired.
- Season to taste.