Bean and Vegetable Burritos
I'm not a vegetarian, but I LOVE my veggies. This has a lot
of ingredients, but is easy to prepare. May be a little spicy for
little kids, so I would recommend leaving out the jalapeno.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 large sweet or regular potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, your choice
- Flour tortillas
- Combine chili powder, oregano, and cumin in small bowl. Set aside.
- Layer potato, beans, half of chili powder mix, garlic, onion, jalapeno
pepper, green pepper, remaining half of chili powder mix, and corn
in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours, or until potato is tender.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon a little cheese into the center of each tortilla. Top with
1 cup of filling from slow cooker. Fold all 4 sides to enclose filling.
Place burritos seam side down on baking sheet. Cover with foil and
bake 20-30 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream.
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes