Bean and Vegetable Burritos
I'm not a vegetarian, but I LOVE my veggies. This has a lot
of ingredients, but is easy to prepare. May be a little spicy for
little kids, so I would recommend leaving out the jalapeno.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 large sweet or regular potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, your choice
- Flour tortillas
- Combine chili powder, oregano, and cumin in small bowl. Set aside.
- Layer potato, beans, half of chili powder mix, garlic, onion, jalapeno pepper,
green pepper, remaining half of chili powder mix, and corn in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours, or until potato is tender.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon a little cheese into the center of each tortilla. Top with
1 cup of filling from slow cooker. Fold all 4 sides to enclose filling. Place burritos seam side down on baking sheet. Cover
with foil and bake 20-30 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream.
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.