- 2 cups dried pinto beans, washed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound smoked ham, chopped
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Cover beans with water and let soak overnight.
- Drain beans, discarding soaking water. In slow cooker, cover beans
with fresh water and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, until beans are tender.
- Taste beans, adding salt if necessary (don't add salt at the
beginning of cooking time as it will make the beans tough).
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes