Cheddar and Chive Mashed Potatoes
When someone else is hosting dinner, there's often the question of "What can
I bring?" Offer to share these potluck aged cheddar potatoes; they not only
taste amazing but travel well, too!
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 package (4 ounces) Crystal Farms Original Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 8 ounces Hook's One Year Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes in 3-quart slow cooker. Pour in water. Dot with cream
cheese and butter. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 8-9
hours until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer all ingredients from slow cooker to a large bowl; mash potato
mixture until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheddar, cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- Return potatoes to a lightly greased slow cooker. Sprinkle with
remaining cheddar. Cover and cook on HIGHI until cheese is melted, about
- Serve immediately, or use warm setting to keep potatoes warm for up to 4
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Any brand of aged or sharp Wisconsin cheddar can be used.
If traveling with this dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar before
transporting. Upon arrival, finish cooking the potatoes until the cheese is
melted, about 10-15 minutes.
Hook's One Year Sharp Cheddar has a nice flavor; it's a little sharper than a
medium cheddar. After cooking, the aged cheddar gives a rich, cheesy flavor to
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes