Creole Black Beans
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons leaf thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Drain fat and transfer
to slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Vegetable Recipes