- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 13 cups dried bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Diced giblets, to taste
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Melt butter in pan; sauté onions, parsley and celery. Pour mixture
over bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Add seasonings and toss to coat.
- Pour broth over cubes, then add eggs; mix thoroughly.
- Put mixture into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook for at least 4 hours.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.