Spanish Rice 2
- 2 pounds ground chuck or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw rice, converted
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Grated Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown beef in skillet and drain off fat. Put all ingredients in
slow cooker. Stir thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or
on HIGH 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving, if desired.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark