- 1/3 cup (755 mL) butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) dried sage
- 1 1/4 teaspoons (6 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL pepper
- 12 cups (3 L) cubed, day-old bread
- 2 shredded wheat biscuits, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
- In slow cooker, combine butter, onions, celery, sage, salt and pepper
and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Stir in the bread cubes, shredded wheat biscuits and chicken stock.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring once.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 1 hour.
Yield: 8 cups
After reducing heat to low, add one cup chopped, dried apricots
or figs. Or add 1 cup toasted, chopped nuts to stuffing just before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.