- 5 pounds baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup
sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1
cup milk, warmed
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, place potatoes, chicken broth and butter.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours to 4 hours 30 minutes or until
potatoes are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk.
- Mash, crush or smash potatoes
using potato masher, or beat with electric mixer on low speed until well
blended. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in enough milk for desired creamy consistency.
- Cover and keep warm on Low or Warm heat setting until serving time, up to 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.