Green Chile Grits
- 2 cups regular grits
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 ounces chopped mild green New Mexican chile
- 1 or more jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- Dash of cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to
9 hours or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. If cooking on HIGH, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more water if too
- Serve immediately or refrigerate the mixture in a buttered loaf pan for a
few hour or overnight, unmold, slice (1/2-inch) and fry in butter until browned.
Yield: about 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.