Hot Rod Mediterranean Rice Dish
This spicy rice/sausage dish cooks in a slow cooker, so by the end
of the day your house will smell mouth-wateringly wonderful. All
you need is a big bowl of salad and plenty of cold drinks.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups V-8 vegetable juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- Salt, to taste
- Brown rice in olive oil. Put V-8 juice in slow cooker.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic.
- Carefully add browned rice to slow cooker (an
entertaining sizzle results).
- Brown sausage and add to slow cooker; add salt.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours, then cook on LOW for 5 hours.
Yield: 4 servings