Nacho Scalloped Potatoes
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated sliced potatoes
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soup, undrained chile peppers
- In a 3-1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes,
half of the ground beef mixture, and half of the soup mixture. Repeat
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until potatoes
are tender or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.)
- Gently stir before serving.
- If desired, serve with sour cream, salsa and sliced green onion.
Yield: 4 servings
Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
Nutritional facts per serving: calories: 368, total fat: 16g,
saturated fat: 6g, cholesterol: 66mg, sodium: 866mg, carbohydrate:
31g, fiber: 3g, protein: 23g