- 1 pound pinto beans, dried
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or Ro-Tel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Rinse and pick through the beans. Soak overnight.
- Discard soaking water and place beans in slow cooker, covering with
6 cups water.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until the beans are al dente).
Save 2 cups of the water in which the beans were cooked.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the cheese) and cook in crock
pot for 10 to 12 hours on LOW or for 5 to 6 hours on HIGH or until
beans are soft.
- Add cheeses and remove cover; cook on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir a few times.
- Serve with a hearty, crusty bread.