- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cornmeal (preferably water ground)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Butter the walls of the slow cooker with 1 tablespoon of the butter
or margarine, then melt the remaining butter or margarine.
- Add paprika
and cayenne; turn to HIGH.
- Measure remaining ingredients and add
to slow cooker with remaining butter. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on
LOW for 6 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To fry, chill in a lightly greased loaf pan and cut into 1/4-inch
slices. Fry in butter until browned.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.