- 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces garlic and herb feta cheese
- Brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain and set aside.
- Peel and slice eggplant and place in slow cooker.
- Add ground beef and all other ingredients except cheese.
- Cook on
LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon servings onto plates and sprinkle with flavored feta cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings