Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
You can also utilize the slow cooker function of your Instant Pot to make these beans.
- 3 cups dry pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can Ro*Tel
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cubes caldo de tomate
- Salt, to taste
- 1 ham hock
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker with water about an inch above the beans.
- Season with ground cumin and chicken bouillon to taste.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Enjoy as is or refried in bacon grease.