Steeler Baked Beans
This is a recipe I use every football season.
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 onions, diced
- 1/2 jar molasses
- 4 large (1 pound 11 ounce) cans baked beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (or slightly less)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 16 ounces ketchup
- Cook bacon and onion until tender; drain.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and stir until well blended.
- Bake in a 5-quart slow cooker on LOW setting for 5 hours.
The longer it cooks, the better it tastes.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 8/4/02 6:48:08 pm.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - recipe by Thomas Stokes, Shaler Township
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.