- 4 to 6 large onions, peeled
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups frozen, chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Peel onions and hollow out hole in center for the stuffing. Do not
make hole completely through the onion. Leave about a 1/2 inch shell
at the base of the onion.
- Mix together ham, broccoli, bread crumbs and bell pepper.
into onion and top with a chunk of butter.
- Sprinkle with cayenne
- Place onions in slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water around
onions, but not over them.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Yield: 4 servings