- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup converted white rice
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut-up peeled tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 6 ounces canned tomato paste
- Slice the tops off the green and red bell peppers and carefully
remove the seeds and inner ribs. Remove the stems from the tops
and chop the remaining pepper pieces.
- Stand the peppers upright
in a 5-quart electric slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped pepper tops, rice, corn, olives,
scallions, seasoned salt, garlic pepper and 1/4 cup of the tomatoes
with their liquid. Mix well. Stuff the peppers with the corn mixture,
dividing evenly and packing lightly.
- Mix the remaining tomatoes
and their liquid with the wine and tomato paste until well blended.
- Pour over and around the peppers in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the LOW heat setting 6 1/4 to 7 hours, or until
the rice is cooked and the peppers are tender but still hold their
Yield: 4 main-courses or 8 side-dish servings
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.