Sweet Potatoes with Applesauce
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in 2 to 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients excepts nuts and spoon over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/7/01 2:21:07 pm.