- 1 (3 to 5 pound) venison roast
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pour oil into slow cooker and set on a medium heat setting.
- Sprinkle pepper and garlic salt on meat; brown on all sides.
- Combine soups and water; pour over roast.
- Set temperature on LOW and cook approximately 3 hours or until done.
- Remove roast; let stand a few minutes before cutting.
- There is no need to add thickening to gravy.
Potatoes, carrots or quartered onions
may also be added in the slow cooker.