Dill Dip in a Bread Bowl
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons Beau Monde seasoning (Spice Islands)
- 1 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 loaf rye bread or pumpernickel (round), unsliced
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, minced onions, chopped dill, Beau Monde seasoning
and parsley flakes. Chill dip for several hours or overnight to bring out the flavors.
- Hollow out the center of loaf of round, unsliced rye bread. Save chunks from
center. Fill hollow of rye bread with dill dip. Use rye bread chunks for dipping.
If you double the dip, buy 3 loaves of bread, 1 for the dip, 2 for tearing into
Will serve about 20 people with other appetizers.