Molded Cheese Pineapple
- 1 pound strong New York Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound Roquefort cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 pound imported Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound California Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
- Grate or mash all cheeses and mix together in large bowl.
- Add melted butter,
lime juice, sherry and seasonings except paprika. Work the mixture together with
your hands and mold into a pineapple shape.
- Make a hole in the top big enough for
the leafy top of a fresh pineapple to fit into.
- Roll the molded cheese in paprika
until completely covered.
- With the end of a teaspoon, indent lines on surface to
make it resemble a pineapple skin. Indentations should look like half moons.
- Cut the green top off a fresh pineapple, leaving enough "stem" at the
bottom to trim and fit into the hole at the top of the cheese mold.
- Serve on a round platter, ringed by assorted crackers.