Tex-Mex Cheese Balls
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shallot bottoms, finely sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chile peppers, chopped
- 3 cups Bisquick Mix
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless steel bowl.
- Roll the sausage mixture
into small bite-size balls (about the size of large marbles). Arrange the balls
on two parchment lined-half size baking sheets. (If desired the pans can be wrapped
in film and frozen.)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the balls
have a golden brown crusts.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa or warmed nacho cheese sauce.
Yields 100 to 120 balls.