Margaritas for a Crowd
- Lime wedges, for rim and garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt, for rim (optional)
- Small ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice (about 12 limes)
- 9 ounces gold tequila
- 7 1/2 ounces Cointreau or Triple Sec
- Rub the rims of margarita glasses with a lime wedge, then dip them in a shallow
bowl of salt, and shake off any excess. Fill the glasses halfway with ice, if desired,
and set aside.
- Combine the lime juice, tequila and Cointreau (or Triple Sec) in a pitcher; stir.
- To serve, divide among glasses; garnish with lime wedges, if using.
For frozen margaritas, blend a quarter of this recipe at a time (to fit in most
blenders) with 3 cups ice and 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar, and blend until smooth.
Salt glasses, if desired, and garnish with lime wedges.