Cheese 'n' Garlic Bread
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dried parsley
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
cup vegetable oil
- 6 loaves French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 pounds
mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine parmesan, oregano and parsley, mix well and set aside.
- Beat butter and garlic. Gradually beat in oil until smooth. Spread over one side
of bread slices. Place slices on baking pans buttered side up. Top each slice with
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is slightly
- Serve warm.
- Great with pasta or soup.
Serves 50 people, 2 slices each.