Apple Breakfast Cake
- 8 pounds golden delicious apples
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 7 pounds oat bran
- 16 large eggs
- 1 quart cold water
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 quarts all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Peel and core apples. Finely chop and slice 2 quarts. Place in separate containers
and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place muffin mix in mixer. Combine eggs and water. Gradually add to dry ingredients
while mixing on low. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Add chopped apples.
- For topping, combine and mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract,
salt, 2 1/4 cups butter and walnuts until crumbly. Portion one half of batter (3
quarts) into each of two 18 x 26 x 1 inch sheet pans. Evenly sprinkle batter with
2 1/2 cups topping, top with 1 quart sliced apples, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 1
1/2 cups topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut each pan into 50 portions.