- 8 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound 8 ounces brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 pound 8 ounces pastry flour (or all-purpose)
- Toss the apples gently with the sugar and lemon juice. Spread the apples evenly
in a 12 x 20-inch baking pan.
- Rub the butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour together until well blended and crumbly.
Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until top
is browned and the apples are tender.
48 (4 ounce) portions