Apple Custard Tart
- 3 pounds fresh apples, peeled and cored
- 3 (9-inch) pie shells, baked
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut apples into thin slices. Arrange 1 pound of apple slices in each pie shell.
- Blend remaining ingredients. Pour 1 1/4 cups custard into each pie shell.
- Bake tarts at 325 degrees F for about 45 minutes until custard is barely set.
- Cool; cut each pie into 8 wedges.