- 12 eggs, separated
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups shortening
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups flour, plus additional for flouring
blueberries and cake pan
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 cups
- Butter, for greasing pan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour two 12 x 18 x 1-inch baking pans.
- Beat the egg whites; set aside.
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar, shortening, vanilla extract and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the 9 cups of flour and the baking powder. Mix the flour
mixture with the egg mixture, slowly adding the milk. Fold in the egg whites.
- Flour the blueberries and then fold them into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden
pick inserted into the cake comes out dry and the cake springs back when touched