Cheesy Apple Crisp
- 13 quarts apples (about 42 medium), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 4 cups butter or margarine
- 8 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease four 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans.
- Arrange apples in prepared baking pans.
- Combine water and lemon juice; sprinkle over apples.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Lightly
stir in cheese. Spread over apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.