- 1 gallon plus 3 1/2 quarts canned, sliced peaches or canned
- 1 gallon plus 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 quart plus 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole eggs, thawed or 6 fresh large eggs
- 3 cups reserved juice
- 2 quarts plus 1 cup water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- Lightly grease four 12 x 20 x 2 1/2-inch steam table pans.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F or a convection oven to 325 degrees F.
- Drain peach slices and reserve juice. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment of a mixer, blend flour, baking soda, salt and sugar
at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Whisk eggs until smooth. Add eggs, reserved juice, and water to dry ingredients
and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl and mix at medium speed
for 1 minute. Spread 1 quart 2 cups of batter in each prepared steam table pan.
- Distribute 1 quart 3 1/2 cups of peaches evenly over each pan of batter.
- Blend brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/2 cup evenly over each pan.
- Bake 50 minutes in a conventional oven or for 50 minutes in a convection oven.
- Cut each pan into 25 (5-inch square) portions.