Lots of Good Carrot Cake
- 6 cups flour, unsifted (can use 4 cups regular flour and 2 cups whole wheat)
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large jars baby food carrots
- 2 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 pound 4 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 2/3 cups coconut or 1 (7 ounce) package
- 2 cups chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 7 (7 3/8 x 3 5/8-inch) loaf
pans and 1 (9 5/8 x 5 1/2-inch) loaf pan or 3 (9 x 13-inch pans).
- In large 8-quart pan mix well flour, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt.
carrots, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in drained pineapple, coconut and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Fill loaf pans 2/3 full and bake at 350
degrees about 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- These cakes keep very well in freezer. Top with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream together cream cheese and butter, then stir in vanilla
- Mix in sugar until smooth and of spreading consistency.