Mock Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine (3 sticks)
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2
quarts dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups eggs (15 medium)
- 1 1/2 quarts rolled oats
- 6 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add syrup,
cinnamon, and salt to creamed mixture. Mix at low speed 1 minute or until blended.
- Add eggs to the creamed mixture. Beat until well mixed about 3 minutes.
- Stir in oatmeal until it is well mixed. Divide pie filling evenly between pie
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until center is firm.
- If necessary, bake only 2 pies at one time, filling pie shells when ready to
bake. Oatmeal forms a pecan like crust on top of the pie.
- Cut each pie into 8 wedges.
- Serve at room temperature with a dollop of whipped