Oatmeal Cherry Cookies
- 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup granulated
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 cups quick-cooking
or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 3 cups dried tart cherries
- 2 cups semisweet
- Put margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat
until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture,
beating until smooth.
- Add cherries and chocolate chips, mixing until combined.
- Portion with a No. 40 scoop onto a lightly greased 18 x 26 x 1-inch full sheet
- Bake at 375 degree F in a conventional oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until
- Let cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly
Yields 96 cookies.