Orange-Pineapple Bavarian Trifle
- 1 gallon orange juice, divided
- 1 pint granulated sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons McCormick Gelatin
- 1 quart cold water
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pineapple Extract
- 2 quarts whipping cream
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 4 loaves pound cake
- 2 1/2 quarts pineapple, crushed and drained
- Combine 1 quart of the orange juice, sugar and lemon juice. Heat to a boil.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand until gelatin is moistened.
- Remove orange juice mixture from heat. Stir in softened gelatin. Stir to dissolve
gelatin. Stir in remaining orange juice. Add pineapple extract.
- Chill until partially set, about 1 hour.
- Whip cream with confectioners' sugar until stiff. Gradually add gelatin mixture,
beating at low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Place pound cake slices in single layer in two 20 x 12 x 3-inch steam table pans.
Spoon pineapple over cake slices.
- Divide gelatin mixture between the two pans. Spread evenly.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into 2 1/2 x 4-inch pieces. If desired, top each serving with a rosette of
whipped cream and a red maraschino cherry.