Punch Bowl Trifle
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (5.1 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 4 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting pineapple juice
for the water (add water if necessary for the required measurement).
- Bake as directed in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions. Cut the cake into
1-inch cubes; place half in a 6-quart punch bowl. Top with half of the pudding,
pie filling, pineapple, bananas, fruit cocktail, oranges, whipped topping and coconut.
- Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
Yields 55 (1/2-cup) servings.