- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ounces dehydrated onions
- 7 pounds 3 ounces
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pound 8 ounces brown sugar, packed
- 48 pounds chicken, cut-up
- For barbecue sauce: Simmer chicken stock and onions over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, garlic powder, and brown sugar. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Rinse chicken in cold water. Drain well.
- Arrange 25 pieces of chicken on each
sheet pan (18 x 26 x 1 inch). Brush 3/4 to 1 quart of barbecue sauce over chicken
in each pan.
- Bake uncovered until tender, checking frequently.
- Cook in conventional
oven at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes or 375 degrees F in convection oven for 30
- Transfer to steam table pans for serving.