Cajun Sausage and Turkey Jambalaya
- 4 pounds 15 ounces raw ground turkey or raw turkey, cut
into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 pounds 6 ounces raw turkey or pork smoked sausage,
1 1/2 inches in diameter, sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 3 1/2 cups minced onion
- 3 cups fresh green bell peppers, 1/2 inch dice
- 3 1/2 cups fresh celery, chopped
- 3 quarts water
- 1/4 cup gravy coloring
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 6 cups white rice
- Brown turkey until no signs of pink remain. Drain fat and discard.
- Add sausage, onions, peppers, and celery and simmer over low heat until vegetables
are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add water, gravy coloring, red pepper, black pepper, garlic, salt and parsley
flakes. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, bring to a boil again. Cover and reduce heat to low. Stir after
15 minutes, cook 15 more minutes.
- Portion using a No. 6 scoop.
Makes 50 (3/4 cup) servings.