Chicken or Turkey Chop Suey
- 2 1/2 gallons chicken or turkey stock
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons black
or white pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 pounds 10 ounces celery, cut
- 4 ounces dehydrated onions
- 12 pounds 12 ounces cooked chicken
or turkey, diced
- 3 pounds 5 ounces bean sprouts
- Combine stock, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to boil. Add celery
and onions. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Mix until smooth. Add to stock mixture. Stir well
and cook over medium heat until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken or turkey.
Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Add bean sprouts.
Stir gently to combine.
- Pour into serving pans.
- Serve with a 3/4 cup ladle over cooked rice.