Herbed Barbecue Chicken
- 2 (50 ounce) cans Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 1/2 cups granulated
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mustard, prepared
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
cup oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes, dried
- 50 (4 ounce) chicken breast halves,
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- In large bowl, mix soup, sugar, vinegar oil, mustard, pepper, chili powder, cumin,
oregano, basil, garlic powder, and parsley. Reserve 3 quarts plus 1 cup.
- Tore covered
in refrigerator at 40 degrees F or lower.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- Store covered in refrigerator at 40
degrees F or lower overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Lightly oil 2 sheet pans (26
x 18 x 1-inch). Place chicken on sheet pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. Bake until internal
temperature is 165 degrees F or higher for 15 seconds and chicken is no longer pink,
about 20 minutes.
- To make sauce: In saucepot heat reserved soup mixture. Heat to 140 degrees F
higher for 15 seconds.
- Hold chicken and sauce at 140 degrees F or higher.
- Portion sauce using 2-ounce
ladle (1/4 cup) over 1 chicken breast half. Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with rice, orzo or noodles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cooking for a Crowd Recipes