Lemon Baked Chicken for a Crowd
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (about 7 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves*
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed (more if you like)
- 6 (3 pound) chickens, cut into
* You can substitute your favorite herb here, e.g., oregano, or use a
- In medium-size bowl, mix first 6 ingredients.
- In two large 17 1/4 x 11 1/2-inch roasting pans, arrange chicken quarters, skin
side up. Pour lemon mixture over pieces.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours,
or until chicken is fork-tender, basting with pan juices occasionally during baking.
- To serve, spoon some pan juices over chicken.
Chicken is more flavorful is marinated overnight in the lemon mixture.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cooking for a Crowd Recipes