Macaroni and Cheese
- 6 pounds macaroni
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 gallons milk
- 5 pounds
cheese, cubed, divided
- Buttered bread crumbs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook macaroni as directed, until just tender. Drain well.
- Make a thin white sauce by melting butter. Stir in flour. Add milk slowly, stirring
carefully, and cooking slowly until slightly thickened.
- Combine macaroni. and sauce, and add 2/3 of the cheese. Spread into 5 greased
10 x 16-inch baking pans. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Top with buttered
bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until heated through and slightly
Serves about 50 people.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cooking for a Crowd Recipes