- 30 pounds potatoes
- 1 to 2 cups milk (soy, rice or dairy)
- 2 teaspoons
- 12 onions, chopped
- 6 large bell peppers, diced
- 12 carrots, sliced
- 12 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds mushrooms, sliced (about 3 quarts)
- 1 (#10) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (#10) can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- Scrub potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place in a pot, cover with water and
cook until tender. Mash, adding enough milk to achieve a spreadable consistency.
Stir in salt, Set aside.
- Heat 1 to 2 cups of water in a large pot or steam kettle. Add the onions, peppers,
carrots, and celery and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft, about
- Add mushrooms, then cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans
(including liquid), paprika, pepper and soy sauce. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the vegetable mixture into a full pan, then spread the mashed potatoes
evenly over the top.
- Bake until potatoes are lightly browned.
Makes 50 to 60 servings.