- 4 cups diced onions or 1/4 cup dried onions
- 9 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 gallon plus 2 quarts canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated
- 5 1/4 pounds wagon wheel pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté onions and turkey until no signs of pink remain. Drain fat and return to
- Add diced tomatoes, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, pepper and garlic to turkey
mixture and simmer, covered, for one hour over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender-firm, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Add drained, cooked pasta and Parmesan to turkey mixture and blend.
- Heat to 165
- Portion using a No. 6 scoop, (2/3 cup).
Yields 100 servings.