Swiss Steak with Sour Cream
- 50 (6 ounce) pieces bottom round steak
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 3 pounds diced
- 12 ounces flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 6 quarts beef stock
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, quickly brown
the meat in batches, removing it to a large oven casserole.
- Sauté the onion in the leftover oil in the skillet until it is tender. Reduce
the heat to medium and sprinkle in the flour and paprika and mix well. Cook and
stir 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, cook and stir to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add the pepper,
Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir to blend.
- Pour over the steaks, cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Remove the meat to serving platter and stir the sour cream into the sauce. Heat
through, but do not boil. Pour over the steaks to serve.
Yields 50 (6 ounce) portions.