Taco Salad Casserole
- 40 ounces corn chips
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces onions minced
cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 quarts tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 60 ounces canned red beans
- 4 pounds lettuce,
- 12 ounces green bell peppers, chopped
- 12 ounces onions, finely chopped
- 42 ounces fresh tomatoes, diced
- 42 ounces processed cheese, shredded
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Spread corn chips in bottoms of three 12 x 20 x 2-inch counter pans, 14 ounces
- Brown meat in steam-jacketed kettle until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees
F for 15 seconds. Drain off fat.
- Add onions and garlic to meat. Cook until tender.
- Combine flour and tomato juice and add to meat mixture. Blend. Heat until very
hot. Spoon 4 pounds 5 ounces meat sauce over each pan of chips. Keep warm and serve
soon after vegetables are layered on top. (See Notes for an alternate assembly method.)
- Combine vegetables. Mix gently. Sprinkle over hot meat mixture, 2 pounds 8 ounces
- Sprinkle 14 ounces cheese over each pan. Cut 4 x 4. Serve immediately.
- Yields 3 (12 x 20 x 2-inch) pans.
- Chips will become soggy if held for very long. Spread meat on chips only as needed.
- Casserole may be assembled on each plate individually. Place 3/4 ounce taco chips
on plate. Ladle 4 ounces hot meat mixture over chips and top with 2 1/2 ounces salad
mixture and 3/4 ounce shredded cheese.
- Serve with salsa sauce or commercial salsa.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cooking for a Crowd Recipes