Double-Decker Gelatin Salad
- 3 pounds 8 ounces (1 3/4 quarts) strawberry or raspberry
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 cup lemon
- 6 pounds (1 gallon) California seedless grapes
- 2 quarts whipped topping
- 96 lettuce leaves, optional
- 96 small grape clusters (optional)
- In a large bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and lemon juice;
mix well. Reserve 2 quarts gelatin mixture.
- Place 1 quart grapes in bottom of each of four 12 x 20 x 2-inch pans. Pour 1
quart gelatin mixture into each pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes or until gelatin
begins to thicken.
- Fold whipped topping into reserved gelatin mixture. Pour of mixture over partially
set grape-gelatin layer in each pan.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes longer or until set.
- Cut each pan 4 x 6 rows.
- Serve in sauce dish or on lettuce-lined salad plate.
Garnish with a grape cluster, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 88, Carbohydrates 20 g, Protein 2 g., Sodium 43 mg,
Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Calories from Fat 7%, Fiber .3 g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cooking for a Crowd Recipes